We have covered a nice free hard disk tool from Acronis not long ago that no only checks but also monitors the failure on your hard disk the same time. Here is another one that you may want to check.
- provides very detail information about your hard disk
- supports S.M.A.R.T
- supports external USB drives
- monitoring health status and temperature
- graph of S.M.A.R.T information
- control AAM/AMP settings
CrystalDiskInfo has both installer and portable edition. With the portable edition, you can directly run the program without installing it first. And you can add it into your USB toolbox and use it when you need it.
The tool scans your computer to collect all hard disk info first once it’s launched and then will automatically detects any external hard disks connected later on if auto-detection is enabled. It also provides many other functions from Function menu for you to pick and use. Even though you don’t need to change them to make the program work, it’s nice to have the options to have more control.
When the tool is in resident mode, it hides itself into the system tray, quietly monitoring the healthy of the running hard disk in your computer, and will pop up and alert you when detected any error.
Overall, CrystalDiskInfo is a pretty neat hard disk tool that you should keep it in your toolbox. It may even worth it having it quietly running in your system to keep monitoring your hard disk to prevent from data loose down the road.
Related Articles From Windows7hacker:
- Acronis Free Drive Monitor Tool Monitors and Predicts When Your Hard Drive is About To Fail
- NetSpeedMonitor Monitors Your Network Speed and Data Transfer [Tool]
- Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool Checks If Your PC is Windows XP Mode Ready