The most needless iPhone apps have been named and shamed, with a talking cat and legendary pub-pleaser the iBeer app topping the list.
Talking Tom, which is simply a cartoon cat who repeats what you say in a stupid voice was voted number one, followed by iBeer, which simulates drinking a pint. In third place came the Fat Booth photo application which has plumped-up the appearances of most of our Facebook friends at some point.
More from the T3 App Chart:
– Best iPhone apps: The less pointless ones revealed
– Best free iPhone apps 2010
– Android apps to tackle the App Store
– iPhone 4: The utimate guide
However, we don’t see what’s so pointless about the Zippo Lighter app. Perfect if you’re at a stadium rock concert, or the Rate A Fart app, which is nigh on indespensible when one keeps his own company a lot.
It’s rather apt that the survey comes from Subway, which recently launched a loyalty app that’ll be entirely pointless to any right thinking member of society. Repeat visits to Subway? Yak.
Here’s the top ten in full:
1. Talking Tom – A talking cartoon cat
2. iBeer – Down it in one, just tip back the iPhone
3. Fat Booth – Turn your friends into fatties
4. Cat Piano – – Does what it says on the tin. A cat playing piano
5. Zippo Lighter – VIrtual lighter complete with flip lid
6. Cow Toss – See Cat Piano
7. Colour Tilt – Tilt your phone and the colours change
8. Hold On! – Yeah this is pointless. Just hold a button as long as you can
9. Woohoo – Lame one-trick pony of a soundboard.
10. Rate a fart – Gives you a score based on the aural quality of your gas
For some not-so-pointless (and a few pointless ones too) make sure you check out the T3 App Chart.
Posted by Chris Smith