* Snowed in by the blizzard? SpinArt can help you pass the time!
* 50% OFF SALE extended! Check out why Slate Magazine says SpinArt is one of "the best iPhone apps for kids".
SpinArt is based on one of our favorite childhood crafts! It's fun & creative–you'll spend longer than you think playing with this app! Whether it's waiting in line at the bank, at the dentist, or on a really boring date, you can always take a spin. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out my NEW app, "Candleglow" — the *only* 3D candle app that uses the accelerometer. Ten sets of candles for only $0.99! Version 1.2 out January 7!
Visit the Flickr Group:
* #2 Top Paid App in the US!
* #1 Top Paid Entertainment App in the US!
* Featured as "What's Hot" in the iTunes Store on July 14, 2009!
The Philadelphia Inquirer:
"Unleash your inner kindergartener. Squeeze on colors, spin the wheel…Just as satisfying as the real thing, and no waiting in line at the school fair with a bunch of 8-year-olds getting cotton candy in your hair."
See what the users have to say:
"Greatest app ever. 'Nuff said!"
"Kids love this and it's very well done."
Check out SpinArt in action–search "SpinArt ipod" on YouTube or:
UPDATED December 17! Version 1.5.1 includes improved glitter! There are now be more sparkling pieces of glitter as well as larger sparkles. Have fun!
HOW TO USE SPINART
When in "Spin Mode" (the button with the green arrows on the left), swipe your fingers across the canvas to spin at varying speeds. Then switch back into paint mode (the multicolored splat button), and choose from a trio of brush sizes and a color from the palette, then use your finger to splat some paint and watch some amazing patterns emerge!
When you're done, go back into Spin Mode, double tap on the spinning canvas to stop it and admire your final artwork! You can then save your creation to your photo library. From there you can email it to friends or set it as your iPhone desktop.
It's great for kids too–let them get messy with paint without making a mess! After you save their masterpiece, sync up to your computer, print it out, and hang it on the fridge for all to see.
Several reviewers have commented how the rainbow SpinArt in the second screenshot is "impossible"–it's not! Here are the simple instructions from the artist herself to help you make one yourself.
(1) Spin a white canvas as fast as it will go using the spin button
(2) Use the smallest splat button
(3) This is the key–start from the outer edge and work your way in.
Make a thicker circle than you want with the color.
(4) When you start the next color be sure to partially overlap with the
(5) Continue this until you reach the middle.
Viola! Your very own "impossible" rainbow SpinArt. Enjoy!
For more info, visit http://www.7twenty7.net/iphone
© 2009 Brian Smith