- Device OnePlus 5
- Version Open Beta 1
- Update time 2017-11-25
- File size 1.56 GB
- MD5 hash d89cf84f47b4f6f0cfa268b243e67782
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added Parallel Apps
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated security patch to October
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
Instructions How to Install Android Oreo on OnePlus 5
Now, you can install the update and choose the method depending on your device’s current situation. If your OP5 is running OxygenOS 4.5.14, you can simply use method 1. In case your device has TWRP recovery installed, you can use method 2.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
- Download the full ROM package from the link Download.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to the PC and enable File Transfer mode.
- Transfer the full ROM file to the root of the internal storage. By ‘root’, we mean outside all the folders.
- Disconnect the device.
- Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System updates’.
- Tap on the cog (gear icon) on the top-right of the screen.
- Select ‘Local upgrade’.
- The system will automatically detect the ROM file.
- So, tap on the file name and press ‘UPGRADE NOW’.
Your device will reboot into the recovery and install the OnePlus 5 Open Beta 1. Once done, your OP5 will boot into the updated ROM.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download the full ROM zip from the link Download.
- Copy the downloaded ROM file to the internal storage of your OnePlus 5.
- Once copied, disconnect the device and power it down.
- Boot your OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery mode.
- [Optional] If you’re coming from a ROM other than OxygenOS, then go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’. Select the options shown in the image below and wipe the device.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the ROM zip file. Swipe the button on the screen to install OnePlus 5 Open Beta 1 update.
- Once the file has been selected, tap on ‘Wipe dalvik/cache’.
- Finally, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
How to roll-back to stable release
Reverting back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache). Please carefully follow the flash instructions below.
- Please be aware that all data will be wiped during the revert-back process, so do remember to backup your data in advance.
- Download the roll-back build provided [HERE] to Internal storage.
- Shut down your device and enter recovery mode by long pressing the Power + Volume Down key simultaneously.
- Select “Install from Local” and choose the downloaded build to install.
- Reboot your device after installing the build. You have to re-enter recovery mode to Wipe data cache and Erase everything(Music, pics, etc).
- Reboot your device again and you’re all good to go.