The first beta version of Opera 11 has released today.The latest pre-release version of the browser uses a similar approach to that employed by other WebKit-powered browsers like Chrome and Safari, installing extensions as buttons to the right of the search bar that can auto-update.
Here are some Key features of the Opera 11 beta:
* Tab stacking – lets user drag one tab over another to create a group.
* A safer address field – new address field hides the complexity of long web addresses and gives users better control of their security when browsing.
* Extensions support – able to browse Opera’s extensions catalog to add new functionality easily and customize Opera as users like.
* Visual mouse gestures -allows new users to discover the speed and power that mouse gestures offer.
* Better performance – pages load faster and complex applications run more smoothly.
* Enhanced HTML5 support – supports for new standards and HTML5 technologies means that rich, dynamic web applications and multiplayer games can be supported by Opera 11.
* Extended auto-update – new auto-update system ensures that the extensions and Opera Unite apps are always up to date with the latest enhancements.
* Search predictions from Google – search suggestions predict queries as users type, making searching quicker and easier.
* Plug-ins only on demand – an option has now been added to have plug-ins such as Flash content load only when clicked.
* Enhanced email in your browser – a new mail panel gives users control over the order in which their accounts and mail items show up.
* Faster installation – The Opera 11 is 30% smaller than Opera 10.60 that enable downloads more quickly and installs in fewer steps.
Download Opera 11.00 Beta for Windows – Opera_1100_en_b1_Setup.exe
Download Opera 11.00 Beta for Mac OS X – Opera_11.00_b1_Intel.dmg
Opera 11.00 Beta for Linux x86-64, Linux PowerPC, Linux i386, FreeBSD i386 and FreeBSD AMD64 is also available in Debian package, RPM package tar.gz or tar.bz2 from opera.com.