Adobe has just announced that the beta for Flash Player 10.2 is available now for Mac, Windows, and Linux, bringing with it a number of new features and performance improvements. If you want to get your hands on the latest browser plug-ins, you can grab the beta preview from the link below.
New features and enhancements in Flash Player 10.2 beta include:
Stage Video hardware acceleration– Support for ‘Stage Video’ a new infrastructure for video playback that allows developers to fully leverage hardware acceleration while decreasing processor usage.
Full screen support for multiple monitors– Content on secondary monitors will now stay in full screen mode, allowing you to work on your main display while viewing full screen content on the other.
Native custom mouse cursors– Developers can now “define custom native mouse cursors“.
Hardware accelerated rendering support for IE9- Improve performance of graphics with hardware accelerated graphics in Internet Explorer 9.
- Adobe Includes Hardware Acceleration in Flash 10.1 Beta
- Apple Welcomes Hardware-Accelerated Decoding of H.264 Video in Flash and More
- Adobe Flash Player 10 RC Beta Code Name Astro Released
- Adobe Integrates HTML5 Video Player Widget
- Watch Internet Delivered TV & Video Podcasts on Adobe Media Player 1.5