As part of continuous efforts by developers at BlackBerry, the newest version of BlackBerry Maps have been released which now features support for 34 new countries including Australia, Brazil, Argentina, New Zealand, Taiwan and The Philippines.
Apart from adding countries to the new edition, the BlackBerry Dev team added new color sets to the App. Each node is clearly marked with different colors while the App is now also featured with a points of interest database for hospitals, universities, police stations, subway stations, parks, parking lots, shops, airports, and much more.
Furthermore, the BlackBerry Maps now deliver a stronger rendering engine. All BlackBerry devices need to be updated in the following manner:
Updating BlackBerry Maps with BlackBerry Device Software 4.7 or Lower
1.From the home screen, go to Maps.
2.Press the [Menu] key and select Options.
3. Press the [Menu] key and select Clear Cache.
4. Select Delete when prompted to delete cached entries.
|Feature||BlackBerry Device Software Version|
Before Bundle 1057
After Bundle 1057
|New map coverage||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|New map design||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shopping center icons||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Police station icons||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Metro station icons||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Train station icons||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|City park labels||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|National park labels||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
- Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme Base Station Firmware Update 7.5.1 Released by Apple
- Dropbox for BlackBerry Available Now, Android and iPhone Apps get Updated
- Deleting Browsing History In Chrome Is Just A Click Away With Click & Clean
- Create Themes for Blackberry Smartphones with Blackberry Theme Studio
- BlackBerry Bold 9650 OS 184.108.40.2063 Leaked