Earlier today a news broke by Mashable stated the rumor that Apple will possible be investing in Facebook, in a new Series E of funding. That rumor took the web and Twitter in particular, by fire. Responding to the rumors, Facebook’s director of Corporate Communications Larry Yu bluntly denied any such funding.
Despite that Larry Yu denied the rumors, it does not mean that the whole story is just made up. It could just be that he has been kept unaware of any such investments. To imagine the things, any chances of Apple’s investment in Facebook are meager when it already has 500m in funding and 5% investment from the giant Microsoft.
The rumors started from a reported meeting between Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg, held at Job’s home. The meeting was simply arranged to discuss Facebook’s integration with Apple’s new music social network, Ping. But some imagination and one tipster and we always have such kind of rumors for us.
- Update: Facebook Connect Missing from Apple iTunes Ping Suddenly
- Updates From The Apple’s Shareholders Meeting
- Facebook Passes 500 Million and Rolling
- Annual Apple Shareholder Meeting Set to Take Place Tomorrow
- Steve Jobs and Apple Respond to iPhone 4 Antenna/Reception Problems