Apple has introduced a new category to the App Store called “Special Education: Learning for Everyone”, which includes a number of subcategories containing apps for special needs users.
The apps in the Special Education category are obviously geared towards users with a number of special education needs, with some of the more notable apps including Dragon Dictation for speed-to-text, iWriteWords handwriting assistance utility, and iHearClearly assisted hearing tool. In total there are 5 subcategories including Literacy & Learning, Communication, Hearing, Language Development, and Organization.
- 41 App Categories for Windows Phone 7 Revealed
- Apple Announces iOS 2.X No Longer Supported by App Store
- Apple Posts New iOS 4 App Section on App Store
- Is Apple Getting Explicit Apps Category Ready for the iPad Launch
- Google Project 10 To The 100 Winners Announced