Microsoft is finally providing a solution to families that would like to take advantage of an Xbox Live Gold Plan on multiple accounts on their Xbox 360. Rather than paying approximately $40 per year, per Gold account, Microsoft will now offer a $100 per year Xbox Live Gold Family Pack this November.
This Xbox Live Gold Family Pack will effectively bring the cost of a gold account down to $25 and bring with a number of new features. This plan will cover 4 user accounts and also provide access to new dashboard menu for managing and customizing accounts. Through this menu you can also share Microsoft points, access FamilyCenter family settings, and exclusive family content and discounts.
Full list of features for Xbox Live Gold Family Pack below.
An Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack includes:
* Up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships for the price of two – (US) $99.99.
* Family Center – a single, easy to use, destination for Family Settings and account management, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and on Xbox.com.
* The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
* Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
* Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holder’s billing account and the ability to authorize purchases, helping to manage the family’s entertainment budget.
* Exclusive family content and discounts.
The industry-leading, built-in Xbox 360 Family Settings are also being taken to the next level this November. It’s Microsoft’s goal to provide parents and caregivers with tools and resources to manage their children’s gaming and entertainment experiences, and these features are available to all Xbox LIVE members:
* Family Programming that removes all mature games, movies, and content from the dashboard, based on ESRB, Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) ratings and the TV Parental Guidelines system . Family Programming is password protected, and easy to turn on and off for each member. (Compatible with international ratings systems.)
* Title exceptions – the ability to allow your family members to play specific games above the console’s designated ESRB rating if you deem appropriate. (Compatible with international ratings systems.)
* Intelligent default settings for child, teen, and adult profiles. Xbox will automatically assign default privacy and activity settings for each member that can later be individually customized.
* Family Settings are displayed prominently in the MyXbox channel. Current tools include the Family Timer, which allows you to control the amount of time – either daily or weekly – your children may use the console.
- Microsoft Xbox 360/Kinect E3 Event Highlights (video)
- The Original Xbox Live is Officially Dead
- Xbox 360 Update Will Include USB Storage Support
- Automatically Update Xbox Live Status to Twitter Account with Xbox Live to Twitter
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 DLC/Map pack Details