As we expected, Steve Jobs made an appearance at Apple Thursday shareholder meeting held in Cupertino, California on Apple’s corporate campus. While the majority of the meeting obviously revolved around Jobs speaking to what would help APPL stock increase in value in the years to come, he also took time to answer mostly all shareholder questions no matter what it was regarding. Bloomberg reported Jobs as saying they will keep their $39.8 billion in cash, reported in the first quarter of 2010, for making “big, bold” risks in the near future.
Philip Elmer-DeWitt of Fortune Brainstorm Tech was at the event and reported, “Steve is as feisty as ever (suggesting that questioners come to an actual question) and in good humor! …Another shareholder then asked a longwinded question about what Apple/Jobs fears, “What keeps you awake at night?” Jobs deadpans: “Shareholders meetings.” Audience erupts in laughter.”
- Annual Apple Shareholder Meeting Set to Take Place Tomorrow
- Apple Plans to Open 25 New Retailer Stores in China
- Steve Jobs Elaborates on Flash Being Obsolete at Wall Street Journal iPad Demo
- SublimeVideo HTML5 Video Player from Jilion
- 10 Reasons Why Apple iPad will be a Hit