Untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak via Jailbreak Monte technique is available for Mac OS X, however it uses iOS 4.2 Beta 2 hashes & iOS 4.2 Beta 2 firmware which is only available to developers. Some time back we had reported about iPhone Dev Team’s success in porting Jailbreak Monte Technique to iOS 4.1 and Windows release should follow now.
Unfortunately Windows filesystem is big hurdle in Jailbreak Monte release as the process of untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.7 will be extremely slow and painful. Well now it wont be longer for Windows version release and it should happen any time soon,
As per recent Redsn0w_testers (official iPhone Dev team’s account) tweet ,
@redsn0w_testers: Since Apple still serves the 4.1 IPSW (not blobs!), we’ll do a Windows redsn0w release for untethered 4.2.1 via Monte-4.1
Stay tuned with us for more on iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak on Windows.
- Jailbreak Monte Ported to iOS 4.1, Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak Using iOS 4.1 Possible
- Redsn0w 0.9.7b4 Released Eliminates the Need to Run External Usbmux Relay!
- Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 2 Released Fixes All Native App Crashes
- Redsn0w 0.9.7b6 Released, Next Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak Using iOS 4.1 Hashes
- Redsn0w 0.9.7b3 Released Fixing Embedded Video Problems