Those iPhone users who have bought iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4 from official carrier then jailbreak & unlock it to use with carrier of their own choice often complains of faster battery drain or issue in getting Edge or 3G connection. Unfortunately these are the issue caused by hacitvating your iPhone .
By hactivating your iPhone 3G, 3GS or iPhone 4 with Redsn0w or PwnagwTool you may face 3G over consumption issue leading to hotness and battery drain. Well now here is the awesome fix from Sam bingner.
Sam has developed a Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) to official activate your iPhone 3GS, 3G or iPhone 4 to fix the battery drain, over hotness & edge & 3G issues. However in order to use SAM you must have jailbroken iPhone also if you have hactivated iPhone with PwnageTOol or Redsn0w then you must revert to a stock lockdownd for SAM to function.
How to Install SAM & official activation on an iPhone without a stock SIM
1. Add http://repo.bingner.com as a repo in Cydia
2. Install “SAM” and “SAMPrefs”
3. Follow the steps in Hacktivated with Redsn0w or PwnageTool
4. Go to Settings > SAM and click “De-Activate iPhone”
5. Activate with iTunes (if iTunes says invalid SIM, you will need to manually select the appropriate carrier under one of the methods besides “Automatic” and click on a SIMID.)
Hacktivated with Redsn0w or PwnageTool:
a. With SAM and SAMPrefs installed; install openssh and secure shell into your phone. Run “stockify” and it will revert your lockdownd to a stock lockdownd
b. Reboot your phone & follow step 4 & 5.
That’s it, Now your iPhone is officially activated without SIM card.
- Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to Support Subscriber Artificial Module Released (SAM)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS Using Pwnagetool Bundles
- How to Update iPhone 3G/3GS iOS 4.2.1 to Baseband 06.15.00 with PwnageTool 4.1.3
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.0 OS With Redsn0w 0.9.5 on Mac OS X
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 iOS with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5