The highly anticipated next installment in the Metroid franchise, Metroid: Other M was originally set for a June Release. However today we have gotten word that the Team Ninja developed title has been pushed back by Nintendo until August 31st.
This was a big disappoint to many of the big Metroid franchise fans and it was quite frustrating that Nintendo didn’t give any reason for the delays. They also took time to announce another, albeit less painful, delay of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor which was supposed to be released June 6th and will now release on June 27. Luckily, our friends at Kotaku reached out to Nintendo for a comment on the two delays, here’s what they had to say:
“The launch date for Metroid: Other M has shifted to Aug. 31. As you may know, this game is the product of a unique partnership between longtime Metroid producer Yoshio Sakamoto, Team Ninja and many other individuals and groups, all of whom have set very high standards for this latest installment in the series. Although it’s taking slightly longer than expected to complete the project, we’re confident that fans will find it to be well worth the wait.
“Video game development is a lengthy and complex process. We have always put the quality of our products first, and have historically taken the time needed to make our games meet the expectations of our fans.”
- Civilization V Coming to PC in Fall.. and Possibly to Mac OS X
- Publisher Kalypso Announces Disciples III to come to North America, Asia Pacific, and Western Union
- Play Nintendo DS, DSi & DS Lite Games on PC with iDeaS Emulator
- Screenshots of the Upcoming Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light from GDC 2010
- Become A Lord Of Ultima with EA’s Web-Based Strategy Game