iPhone Dev Team member MusclerNerd has just tweeted about success in porting “Jailbreak Monte” technique to iOS 4.1 that means now it will possible to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 using Redsn0w 0.9.7 & using iOS 4.1 firmware & hashes. This will get rid of piracy concerns of using iOS 4.2 Beta 3 firmware for iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak.
The importance of jailbreak monte port can be evaluated from the fact that it can also be ported to upcoming firmware releases i.e iOS 4.3 without burning any exploit and this is what iPhone dev team’s next plan is.
As Musclenerd says,
“Think of Monte as a “green” jailbreak. It recycles (for example) 4.1′s exact JB exploit on 4.2.1 🙂 Waste no exploits.”
On other hand Chronic Dev Team and other iPhone hackers has untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 in their hand, it will be reasonable to preserve that jailbreak for next iOS release but it solely depends on chronic dev’s decision, rest assured that iPhone users are definitely going to get untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 or 4.3.
Stay tuned with us for more on iPhone jailbreak & unlock.
- Greenpois0n Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak Demo Video
- Preserve iOS 4.2.1 ipsw file if You Want Untethered iOS 4.3 Jailbreak
- Chronic Dev Team Working on Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak
- iOS 4.1 Bootrom Exploit Found, iOS 4.1 Jailbreak May Come Soon
- Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Tool to be Released on 10th October