With every new iPhone OS release the race to unlock and jailbreak amongs iPhone hackers begins. In order to keep iPhone users away from unlocking and jailbreaking Apple is found to be patching every exploit and bugs discovered in iPhone OS. Recently Apple had released iPhone OS 3.1.3 and it is yet to be unlocked.
However iPhone dev team has released Pwnagetool 3.1.5 which lets you to upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.3 without upgrading your baseband there by retaining your unlock. But if you have upgraded to stock iPhone 3.1.3 firmware by mistake then you are out of luck till iPhone dev team or any other iPhone hackers can find working exploit.
Well the good news is here for those users, the wait is not longer now as Sherif Hashim one of iPhone hacker has got working exploit for iPhone OS 3.1.3 Baseband 05.12.01. Recently he had tweeted that he has managed to crash baseband 5.12.01.
Sherif Hashim has handed exploit to iPhone dev team and Musclenerd has confirmed that exploit is working. What does this mean ?? Well it means that iPhone dev team may craft their tools to use this exploit to unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.01.
But iPhone Dev team may or may not release unlock, they may want to preserve this exploit for rumored iPhone OS 4.0.
- Jailbreak & Unlock Possible with iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2.1 & iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1
- BlackSn0w to Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 OS 05.11.07 Baseband Coming Soon
- PwnageTool To Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.2 is Ready
- iPhone 3GS 3.0 Jailbreak Possible, Vulnerable to 24kpwn Exploit
- Blacksn0w Demo Video to Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Baseband 05.11.07