– TEKZILLA & SCAM SCHOOL JOIN DIGGNATION IN THE MILLION MONTHLY VIEWERS CLUB!-
San Francisco, CA – February 2, 2010 – Revision3, the leading Internet Television network, today announced its growth results for 2009. Show viewership across the network climbed to nearly 1.5 billion minutes of viewer engagement while the company grew its revenue 30%. On the ad sales side, Revision3 increased its average deal by 50% and added major brands including Klondike, Ford, Adidas, Coors, Patron, Nokia and Panasonic to its brand advertising roster.
“We’re coming off a tremendous year in 2009, with impressive gains in viewership, advertising and distribution”, said Revision3 CEO Jim Louderback, “What’s even more amazing is that we achieved this success during what’s now being called ‘The Great Recession’. I’m proud of how our entire team worked together to deliver such an amazing performance, and am even more excited about our outlook for 2010 – which will be huge!”
Revision3 also made great strides in broadening both the depth and breadth of its programming, by adding 10 new shows during 2009 to its lineup while increasing viewership of its current show roster. Two of its shows, Tekzilla and Scam School, saw a significant increase in viewership during 2009. Scam School’s viewership increased nearly 200% while Tekzilla showed continued growth with a 30% increase in audience year over year.
Tekzilla, the tech review, help and interview show hosted by Patrick Norton & Veronica Belmont saw steady continued growth, while Brian Brushwood’s highly entertaining Scam School, which delivers a weekly dose of street tricks and bar pranks saw steady growth driven in part by both live performances at SXSW and other venues. Both shows surpassed the 1 million monthly views threshold and joined Diggnation as three of the top video programs available on the Internet. In 2010, the Internet breakthrough hit Diggnation, hosted by Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht, will celebrate five years of covering the top stories on Digg.com each week.
“I’m extremely proud of the performance of all our shows including the existing line up as well as the new titles we launched this year. It’s clear our audience is embracing the new while staying dedicated to the shows they’ve always loved,” said Ryan Vance, Vice President of Programming & Production, “In addition, it’s exciting to see our new viewers are coming to Revision3 every day and finding a deep well of content to get passionate about.”
Other 2009 milestones include:
• Viewership Performance – Revision3’s programs were viewed nearly 70M times during 2009, with viewer engagement up to nearly 1.5 billion minutes.
• New Shows – With 10 show launches in 2009, Revision3 added to its dominant portfolio in the video games, movie, and technology categories, along with building a strong lineup of comedy shows. New shows included:
o Video Games: CO-OP, Bytejacker
o Technology : HD Nation, AppJudgment
o Culture & Film: Film Riot, Digg Dialogg
o Comedy: Web Zeroes, LandlineTV, INST MSGS, ROFL
• Expanded Distribution Network – Adding to its already robust distribution network, Revision3 further expanded its distribution to everything from big-screen HDTVs to cellphones by inking deals with leading networks and “over the top” set top box services. Significant new partners include TIVO, Roku, Boxee, the PopBox and Clearleap.
• Advertising Performance – Revision3’s unique sponsorship model continues to drive unprecedented engagement and results for advertisers with some clients reporting over 500% ROI. From integrated in-show sponsorships, to dynamic video campaigns to sponsored live events and custom content, Revision3 works closely with each sponsor to deliver on campaign objectives.
• Advertising Clients – Returning sponsors Go Daddy, Squarespace, Netflix, Anheuser-Busch, HP, Microsoft, EA, Citrix and Virgin America were joined by the likes of Coors, Nokia, Ford, Klondike, Patron and Adidas bringing the company’s roster of clients to over 100 advertisers.
“We saw major brands from a variety of categories embracing Revision3 in 2009. With our unique sponsorship model, we’re able to integrate products and brands into the content of our shows. This Social Influence Marketing model leverages the hosts of the shows to deliver marketing messages creating a unique opportunity for brands to connect with our engaged audience.” said Chief Revenue Officer, Brad Murphy, “This connection empowers the viewers to become brand ambassadors as they use social media to share these conversations with their online networks, effectively broadening the reach of the campaign beyond the audience of the show.”
Revision3 plans to continue momentum into 2010 with continued excellence in programming, expansion of distribution and innovation in technology with plans to expand its mobile and social presence. All Revision3 programs can be seen at www.revision3.com.
Revision3 is the first media company that gets it. Born from the Internet, Revision3 is the home of Internet Television, creating and producing shows for a new audience: passionate, committed fans who want to watch shows about technology, modern culture, video games, entertainment, music and comedy that entertain, educate and help to expand their life experiences.
The company was founded in 2005 by technology visionaries Kevin Rose, Jay Adelson and David Prager because they couldn’t find anything they wanted to watch on traditional television. The company is now led by Internet TV pioneer Jim Louderback. Revision3’s programs can be found everywhere from Revision3.com to a wide range of platforms, including iTunes, YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, TIVO, Roku, Blip.TV and many others. Shows can be watched on any device, from a cell phone to an Apple iPod to a computer or a TV.
CONTACT: Ron Richards, 415-734-3525 – [email protected]