Go the Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center, then Manage network connections.
- Choose the internet connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS, right click and select properties.
- Select the Networking tab and click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
- Restart the connection you selected in step 3.