While the study covers all of social media, it’s clear that women in the 18-34 range are focused on their Facebook accounts. More than half of young women (57%) say they talk to people online more than face-to-face. A full 39% of them proclaim themselves Facebook addicts, while 34% of young women make Facebook the first thing they do when they wake up, even before brushing their teeth or going to the bathroom.
Here are some other interesting stats regarding young women and Facebook:
- 21% of women age 18-34 check Facebook in the middle of the night
- 63% use Facebook as a networking tool
- 42% think it’s okay to post photos of themselves intoxicated
- 79% are fine with kissing in photos
- 58% use Facebook to keep tabs on “frenemies”
- 50% are fine with being Facebook friends with complete strangers
What conclusions can we draw from this data? It’s not just that young women are using Facebook religiously: it’s that they’re very open with what they post and who they accept as friends. Combined, it can lead to a privacy mess.