Overclocking is not just limited to traditional PC processors but it has been extended to smartphones too. The smartphones likes Nokia N900 Maemo, Google Nexus One, Palm Pre WebOS are successfully overclocked by developers.
Usually the process of overclocking smartphones is not as easy as PC processor overclocking; well now that’s not the case with HTC HD2 Windows Mobile Phone. NetRipper, One of enthusiastic developer at XDA forum has developed a nifty app LeoCpuSpeed, which lets you to instantly overclock HD2 phone.
The app was developed with intention of testing the claim of 1GHz overclock hack and developer ended up with app capable of controlling CPU speed and overclocking to some degree.
Features of LeoCpuSpeed
1. Updates CPU speed every half second (calculated from the processor registered directly! not from some driver)
2. Can stress the CPU to show you that it goes up to 998mhz under load (when idle speed is less than 998mhz)
3. Disable autoscaling so that you can control the speed yourself
4. Select the speed you want by moving the slider or pressing 768/998 presets
5. Automatically disable autoscaling and set speed at boot (via menu)
Please Note:- Before attempting to overclock you must read its consequences & proceed at your own risk.
- OMG!!! Nexus One Overclocked to 5GHz & + 9GHz (Fake)
- Test Your Intel Processor for Stability with IntelBurn Test
- Palm Pre Overclocked to 700Mhz & 800Mhz with WebOS 188.8.131.52
- Overclock Your AMD Processor with Freeware AMD OverDrive 2.1.5
- Screenshots of Blackberry Pearl 8220 KickStart Flip Phone