We have anticipated the Google Mobile app for the iPad and how its interface may differ from Google iPhone apps and services for a while now. We haven’t had much time to explore the app, however it is officially available on the iTunes App Store here. While there hasn’t been that much time for anyone to get a real hands on impression of the app, we have heard a ton of great things about the new Gmail layout and the overall changes to the interface to work better with the iPad’s larger screen. Below is a list of the Google Mobile app’s features and some screenshots of the interface.
Google Mobile App includes the following features:
* Search by voice – speak your queries in American, British, Indian or Australian English accents, also supports Mandarin Chinese and Japanese
* Just talk – simply hold your iPhone to your ear and say your query
* My Location – avoid typing your current location when searching for nearby businesses (e.g. “pizza” or “starbucks”)
* Google Suggest – tap suggested web search queries and local businesses that appear as you type
* Search history – quickly search again for queries you recently performed
* Contact search – search your phone’s contacts.
* Vertical search – search Google Maps, Images, News, and Shopping
- Yahoo! Invades iPhone Arena with Two new Apps
- How To Disable Google Suggest From Google Home Page
- iPhone/iPad Business Card Scanner Apps
- How To Get Fast Access To Youtube Search In Chrome
- Stream Live Videos on iPhone and iPad With Justin.tv app