Some time back we had covered Pervx utility to fix Windows 7 Black Screen of Death. Similar issue seems to have involved in Windows Vista. When you start a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, it stops responding at a black screen early in the startup process.
Microsoft has acknowledge the Vista black screen of death and said that the issue occurs because of a deadlock between a thread in Windows NT File System driver (Ntfs.sys) and a thread in the Autochk.exe program.
Windows Vista black screen of death may occur sometime or every time you reboot your computer. Fortunately the hotfix to fix this issue is already available for download at Microsoft support site.
- Fix Vista & Windows 7 Black Screen of Death Error (BSOD) with Black Screen Fix
- Fixing Endless Reboot Microsoft Service Pack 3(SP3) bug for AMD Users
- Apple Re-Releases iTunes 8 For Windows
- Fix Windows 7 Windows Media Player 12 Video Flickering
- Customize Microsoft Windows Vista Installation