Just minutes ago, George Hotz a.k.a geohot just updated his blog, showing an iPad with his jailbreak wonder tool, blackra1n installed on it. This is huge! It could mean we are on the verge of a public iPad jailbreak any day now. The blog post is basically just a giant picture of his iPad with blackra1n sitting on the home screen. The caption below says..
The new app will not be called blackra1n.
A few hours earlier he posted a tweet with a picture showing verbose mode running on his iPad. Basically the beginning of the jailbreak process. This comes after he posted the firmware keys for the iPad operating system 3.2 yesterday. Those keys apparently allow for the decrypting of the iPad’s iBoot, Bootrom, and RAMdisk. Geohot went on to say yesterday, “This is more exciting than a lot of you realize.” He wasn’t kidding, I figured he had something up his sleeve. Personally I am really pumped for this! Stay tuned, this should be fun!
- iPad OS 3.2 Decrypt Keys Leaked
- Download Blackra1n to Jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS 3.1.2 & iPod Touch 2G, 3G 3.1.2
- iPhone OS 4.0: The Aftermath
- Geohot Back with Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
- Download Blackra1n for Mac OS X