In response to the numerous incidents regarding the treatment of employees in Chinese supplier facilities and elsewhere, Apple has posted a new page addressing what it calls its “supplier responsibility”.
Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made. We insist that our suppliers provide safe working conditions, treat workers with dignity and respect, and use environmentally responsible manufacturing processes. Apple’s program is based on our comprehensive Supplier Code of Conduct, which outlines our expectations for the companies we do business with. We evaluate compliance through a rigorous auditing program and work proactively with our suppliers to drive change.
- Development Costs of Apple’s A4 Chip in iPads Estimated at $1 Billion
- Mac OS X 10.7 is Very Close to Release
- Apple Places Restrictions on Devs using Location-Based Ads
- iTunes 7.7 Secretly Installing MobileMe
- WhoCrashed Reveals The Drivers Responsible for System Crash