Here are some very interesting facts about Internet and Technology, presented in an equally interesting manner in this great video produced by the Economist on the media landscape which is rapidly changing.
Did you know?
1. Well over 1,000,000 books are published worldwide every year.
2. Americans have access to well over 1,000,000,000,000 web pages.
3. Myspace.com, Youtube and Facebook gets 250 million unique visitors every month, collectively.
4. Wikipedia features over 13 million articles in more than 200 languages.
5. How many text messages does the average American teen sends each month – 2272
6. Nokia manufactures 13 cell phones every second.
7. Obama leveraged online social networks to raise $55 million fund for elections.
8. 90% of the 200 billion emails sent everyday are spam.