What is VID?
The VID is a temporary, revocable 16-digit random number mapped with the Aadhaar number.
Since this is a digital ID, Aadhaar holders can regenerate it multiple times, which makes it safer than providing your actual Aadhaar number. At present, the VID is valid for a minimum of one day, which means an Aadhaar holder would be able to re-generate a new VID a day after he has generated the first one.
Here’s a step-wise guide to generate Aadhaar Virtual ID on UIDAI’s resident portal:
1. Go to the VID generator on the UIDAI homepage, under Aadhaar services.
2. Enter your Aadhaar number, security code, i.e., the captcha, and click on ‘send OTP’. You will receive the OTP on your UIDAI registered mobile number.
3. Below the field to enter the OTP, you’ll have the option to generate a new VID or retrieve the one you have already generated. On submitting, you’ll receive the VID on your mobile number.
Unique Identification Authority of India ( UIDAI) today introduced a ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card for children below the age of five years. No biometric details will be required to get this blue-coloured Baal Aadhaar card.
“A child below 5 years of age gets a blue in coloured Aadhaar known as Baal Aadhaar. When the child becomes 5 years old, a mandatory biometric update is required,” UIDAI said.
This tool can be used to view Authentication details. Fetch your aadhaar authentication history (Notifications) data.
- Go to UIDAI’s Aadhaar Authentication History page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the captcha in the image.
- Click Generate OTP. You’ll get a one-time password via SMS on your phone. In case you haven’t done it already, here’s how to verify your phone number with UIDAI.
- On the next page, UIDAI lets you filter the search by specific authentication request types such as biometric, demographic, and so on. The page even allows you to select the date range — you can see authentication requests up to six months before the current date. The final field is the OTP. Just enter that and click Submit.
- Now you’ll be able to see a detailed list of Aadhaar authentication requests. This shows you the date, time, and type of authentication request. However, it does not show what company or agency used your Aadhaar data for authentication.
- Subscribers need to dial 14546 from their phones
- They will receive an OTP, which is needed for verification to be complete
- Corporate customers do not need to link mobile number and Aadhaar
Here’s how you can link Aadhaar to your mobile number using IVR
- call 14546, you will be asked to select whether you are an Indian national or an NRI by selecting the respective option
- Next, you will have to give consent to link Aadhaar with your phone number by pressing 1
- After that, you need to provide your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- This step generates the OTP, which you will receive on your mobile phone
- Now, you need to enter your phone number
- Here, you are asked to give consent to your operator to pick your name, photo and date of birth from UIDAI data base
- The IVR now mentions the last four digits of your number to confirm that you have keyed in the right number
- If the number is correct, you can enter the OTP you received on SMS
- You must press 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process
- If you hold another phone number, you can link that too by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system. Keep your other mobile phone handy as you will receive the OTP on this number.
The taxpayers can now link their Aadhaar card with PAN with just an SMS, the Income Tax department has advertised in leading national newspapers. The advertisement narrates the process of how both the unique identity numbers of an individual can be linked by sending an SMS to either 567678 or 56161.
Taxpayers can go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link provided on the left hand side ‘Link Aadhaar’ -> Enter PAN -> Enter Aadhaar number -> ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) -> click submit. After verification from UIDAI, the linking will be confirmed.
• On the UIDAI website, there’s an option under the Aadhaar Update tab that will redirect the user to the Aadhar Self-Service portal.
( Click here to go to the portal directly)
• Enter your Aadhar number, and the Captcha text and request for OTP.
• The OPT will be sent to your existing mobile number, and after submitting it you’ll be redirected to a new page, where you can update the desired details.
• Under ‘Select field(s) to update’, select ‘Mobile Number’
• Now enter your new mobile number that you want to record in the database and submit.