If you haven’t upgraded your smartphone before making a return to college, OnePlus is now willing to shave 10 percent off the price of its latest flagship, the OnePlus 5. You’ll have to verify that you’re actually a student to receive the coupon code, but it seems like that’s really all there is to it. Once that step’s done, you can save a bit of money and get yourself a device that very few people on campus will have.
The offer is open in the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Croatia, and Hungary. You’ll have a month to use your discount code, but students will be able toredeem the deal once each year while enrolled.
You’ll have to verify that you’re a student by logging in to a Student Beans account (or create a new one if needed). More information is available at OnePlus via the two source links below.
sources: OnePlus Student Program, Program announcement
Nokia 6 price in India, launch offers
The Nokia 6 price in India is Rs. 14,999. Launch offers on Amazon India include Rs. 1,000 Amazon Pay balance for Amazon Prime members, 80 percent off Kindle ebooks up to Rs. 300, Rs. 2,500 discount on MakeMyTrip (Rs. 1,800 on hotels and Rs. 700 on flights), as well as 45GB of free data from Vodafone across a five month period.
Download OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.8
- OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA for OnePlus 5 – Coming Soon
- OxygenOS 4.5.8 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download Here
Install OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.8 Update
1. Visit this link and download the OxygenOS 4.5.8 full ROM and save the ZIP file on your phone.
2. Now Navigate to Phone Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the ROM File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now
4. Select upgrade now and the system would reboot into stock recovery and flash the ROM file.
5. The installer would itself flash the ROM and reboot the device.
Now your phone will reboot and your OnePlus 5 is now running on the latest OxygenOS 4.5.8 firmware & OS based on 7.1.1 Nougat.
OxygenOS 4.5.7 was withdrawn, we are pushing out the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA for the OnePlus 5 instead. Here are some of the highlights of this build:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4K video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed occasional stutters when playing games
- Fixed battery drain for Jio users
On Sunday evening, a website called “magicapk.com” surfaced that contained the personal data of millions of Reliance Jio users.
At roughly 6 pm on Sunday, a website called “magicapk.com” started making its way through various Indian social media channels including Twitter, WhatsApp and Reddit India. The website, which came with a simple user interface as shown above, simply asks visitors to enter a Reliance Jio mobile number to get access to “Jio sim details”.
It could be the biggest data breach in India as the data leak in question over pertains to a database of over 120 million users of Reliance Jio. The website seems already a little sluggish and expected to go down soon as more users rush to find out if their personal data has been leaked. It took a couple or three tries for the number to show up on the website. It is not clear at this moment why this data has been leaked or how someone outside Jio got access to sensitive customer data.