Motorola CLIQ users will shortly get a Firmware update v1.3.18 for their devices. This update will bring in several improvements to CLIQ’s battery life, touch screen sensitivity, GPS performance, audio routing, caller notification and more.
Motorola has also announced an update to Android bumping the version to Android 2.1 at a later date. The actual date for the Android update is not yet available, but it should be coming early March.
Motorola CLIQ Firmware v1.3.18 Features
- Improved Battery Life – Enhanced battery performance.
- Improved Touch Screen Sensitivity – Improves the touch screen sensitivity and response of your device.
- Better Audio Routing – Repairs audio routing to prevent spontaneous speakerphone activations during calls and the random occurrence of music playback through the earpiece instead of appropriate external speakers.
- Improved Caller Notification – Improves user interface performance, consistently notifying you when a new call is coming in, reducing missed call notifications.
- Faster GPS Performance – Provides faster GPS performance for applications like Google Maps, Geotagging of photos and other GPS functions (SUPL).
- Support For Additional Windows Media Formats – Compatible with more media formats including .WMA and .WAV Windows media files.
- Bluetooth Improvements – Allows a Bluetooth car kit to sync to your device so your car kit can display the names of incoming callers, download phone book contacts so calls can be made from the car kit display and allows you to view the call history list from the car kit display. Listen to visual voicemail over Bluetooth.
- SIM Card Management – Import, export or delete contacts individually or in groups.
- Additional Stability – Additional device stability reduces occurrence of unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
- The Latest Versions of Google Applications – Updated GMS application provides access to the latest versions of Google apps like Maps, Talk, YouTube, Market and more.
- Updated Quickoffice – Read, edit or create Microsoft® Office documents with the latest, preloaded version of Quickoffice.
Users can download the latest firmware for CLIQ here. Please make sure to backup your phone data before you can upgrade to the newer firmware.
Don’t miss these Related Posts:
Join Techie Buzz on Your Favorite Social Networking Sites