Before you get to excited, it is a hardware unlock method. But a Turkish cell phone shop has found a way to unlock an iPhone 3G on firmware 3.1.3 with the latest 05.12.01 baseband via a hardware flash. It really isn’t an ideal, but the video proves that it can be done with a intricate and technical hardware flash that basically overrides the baseband lock. The video shows a cell phone technician with a whole lineup of iPhones in front of him ready to run the gauntlet. By the looks of it, the guys really knows what he’s doing, but seriously how many of us are ready to send their iPhone a little known tech shop in Turkey? Obviously you will be voiding your warranty, but you can use your iPhone on other carriers. At the moment this looks like it is the only way to get the latest baseband unlocked, we at least the only way the general public can, we don’t yet know what the Dev Team has up their sleeves. Stay tuned to BlogsDNA for more unlock and jailbreak news.
- Download Yellowsn0w 0.9.8 to Unlock iPhone 3G 2.2.1
- Yellowsn0w Unlock iPhone 3G Baseband 2.11.07 Live Demo (Download Video)
- Download Yellowsn0w to Unlock iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2 Baseband 02.28.0
- Ultimate Guide to Unlock iPhone 3G 2.2 (Firmware 2.2) with Yellowsn0w
- Yellowsn0w to Unlock iPhone 3G Baseband 2.11.07 Coming on New year’s Eve