Now that Pwnagetool 4.0 to jailbreak iOS 4.0 has been released, iPhone 3GS users can get their iPhone jailbreaked and unlocked running iOS 4.0. However you must note that only if you have iPhone 3GS with old bootrom can use Pwnagetool 4.0 to jailbreak iOS 4.0.
We have already covered detailed guides to Jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.0 & Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G 4.0 iOS with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 on Windows as well as Mac. Now here is details guide to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.0 iOS.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.0 iOS with PwnageTool 4.0
4. Connect your iPhone 3GS to Mac and Pwnagetool will auto detect your iDevice.
5. Now browse & Select iPhone 3GS iOS 4 firmware file that you downloaded from Step 1 (iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw)
6. Follow on screen instructions & click ‘Build’ and PwnageTool 4.0.
7. Navigate to the place you want to save Custom IPSW for iOS 4.0 and click on ‘save’ .
8. Pwnagetool 4.0 will start cooking custom firmware, once complete you will see “iHaz Success!” screen.
9. Connect your iPhone to your Mac/PC and enter into DFU mode (The Pwnage too will walk you through, don’t worry its easy).
10. After you have successfully entered DFU mode, open your iTunes. It will detect your phone in DFU mode and give you an option to ‘Restore’ you phone. You must hold your ‘Option’ key on the Mac and click on ‘Restore’, iTunes will give you a chance to navigate to YOUR custom restore file.
11. Select Custom Firmware iOS 4.0 ipsw file created using Pwnagetool 4.0 and let iTunes does the rest of work.
Now enjoy your iPhone 3GS jailbroken running iOS 4.0. To unlock you can follow our How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 4.0 with Ultrasn0w 0.93 guide.
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS 3.1.2 Using PwnageTool 3.1.4 On Mac
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1 OS with PwnageTool 3.1.3 on Mac OS X
- How to Use PwnageTool 2.2.5 to JailBreak iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2.2.1
- How to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 with PwnageTool 3.1.5 for Mac
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1