Tap into the largest collection of live police, firefighters, aircraft, railroad, marine, emergency, and ham radios. Be the first to know about important news, events, or any major crime waves happening in your town.
*Note: 5-0 Radio PRO is on sale today, which adds 30,000 more feeds – Search for "5-0 Radio Pro" on iTunes to find it.
This app is free for a limited time only:
When this app's price goes up soon, the Pro version's price will also go up. Another cool app we are offering for free for a few days is "News Feed FREE".
Feeds/Codes for all 50 U.S. States, Australia, Canada, and others are included.
New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis.
Bought the App?
Visit http://smartestapple.com/skins to download new skins for free.
– Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police.
– Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
– Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser.
– Ability to Add Feeds
– Brand new built-in Web Browser allows you to browse the web while listening to a feed in the background.
– The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
– The web browser blocks most ads.
– Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you.
– Top 100 Feeds list
– Aircraft and Train Feeds
For listings, go here: SmartestApple.com/50radio.html#air
– App starts up in under a second
– Worldwide coverage. Although, we may not have your country covered, our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
– List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
– Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
– Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
– Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
– This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
– See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
– Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
Our thousands of feeds are provided by our licensed partnership with the RadioReference.com community. For a full list of available feeds in this app visit: http://SmartestApple.com/feeds.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner and is sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only 1-3 seconds.
Join us @ twitter.com/50radio
Tweet what you heard on this app using #50radio in your tweet and we'll retweet our favorite ones.
If you need a good browser while you listen to feeds in the background, consider getting the highly-rated "Start Up! Browser" app. There is a link to it at the website, SmartestApple.com
© 2009-10 Dr. James Leung